Ask the Expert
If you would like to ask us any questions with regards to ‘joining INSPIRED TO SKI on the slopes’ or any other details you may like advice on with regards to equipment, skiing, etc. please do email us.
Below are some questions and answers that clients have enquired about already.
1. What’s the difference between your courses and ski school?
Our courses are built around your own needs so you feel as if you are gaining a private lesson within a group lesson, top British ski teachers that work towards your own aspirations. No standing in lines waiting your turn, plenty of skiing that challenges, inspires and gives you the opportunity to ski the whole mountain at whatever level you are at.
2. I still have my old skis from over 7 years ago, will these be suitable?
With the revolution in ski design over the last 5 years we would advise you definitely to hire some of the great skis that are now available. You will be amazed how this in itself will improve your skiing.
3. Is it all very serious?
No not at all, in fact we think you will find skiing in a group at your own pace and level is much more fun, rewarding and relaxing.
4. I am traveling on my own, can you cater for me?
Of course, we have many clients that return year after year who come on their own. It is a great way to meet other like-minded skiers. We can offer single rooms on most dates but also offer male or female shares with other clients travelling with us so there is no need to think you have to pay for a single supplement if you do not want to.
5. There are a group of us in the same resort as you when you have a course running, can we join in?
Certainly, book a course only it is a great way to ski at the level you are at and not find yourself chasing or waiting for others. Plus your friends will definitely want to see or hear of your newly acquired skills.
6. What does BASI stand for?
British Association of Snowsports Instructors. They are the British professional association involved with the training and grading for all skiing and boarding disciplines. All our instructors have BASI’s highest Alpine qualification recognised all over the world.
7. What’s it like to ski before Christmas?
It’s a great way to get an extra week’s quality skiing before the main season starts avoiding the Christmas and New Year rush. The snow can be superb with some great winter skiing for all levels and it means you can take a break from the pre-Christmas mania in the UK.
8. What is a typical day’s skiing like on one of your courses?
Well, there is no typical day, the structure of the day may vary within the week depending on the conditions, your level and the goals you may have. For example: if we have had some fresh snow we would definitely be out skiing and learning how best to tackle these conditions. Our team of instructors are experienced skiers and teachers who aim to taylor the days activities to both the conditions, levels and goals of the group.
9. Do I have to be an expert to go on the Off Piste Performance weeks?
If you are at our Level 4 then this is sufficient to join one of these weeks. Remember that there is more than one group on all of our courses, in fact there are normally around 6-8 groups running, so your own level will be amply catered for.
10. I am an expert skier looking for something to challenge me, will your courses provide this?
Yes, we can all keep learning and challenging ourselves, because we can offer groups of many varying levels do not worry you will not feel constrained To check which weeks may suit you best please contact our office or email us. As our instructors are at the top of their profession we are confident we can challenge, stretch and improve even the most accomplished skier.
11. I have been skiing for years but never seem to improve, will your courses help me move off this plateau I seem to be on?
Guaranteed, we hope! Having an instructor analyse your current skiing and providing expert input will have a significant impact on your overall performance.
- What’s the difference between your courses and ski school?
- I still have my old skis from over 7 years ago, will these be suitable?
- Is it all very serious?
- I am traveling on my own, can you cater for me?
- There are a group of us in the same resort as you when you have a course running, can we join in?
- What does BASI stand for?
- What’s it like to ski before Christmas?
- What is a typical day’s skiing like on one of your courses?
- Do I have to be an expert to go on the Off Piste Performance weeks?
- I am an expert skier looking for something to challenge me, will your courses provide this?
- I have been skiing for years but never seem to improve, will your courses help me move off this plateau I seem to be on?